Monday, August 18, 2008

Pas d'Armes

Robert & Leia hosted the Allyshian Pas d'Armes this year. It was pretty fun. We got there after dark Friday night, but set up our tent by the light of the full moon (and assorted streetlights:) On Saturday, we armored up and had both rapier and heavy fighters. The heavy tourney was such that the gallery selected a challenger, the challenger issued a challenge to another fighter, and that fighter got to pick the weapons and format (three bouts, 10 thrown blows, etc.) It was fun :) After the fighting, I put my armor away (yay me!!!) and brought out the henna (woohoo!)

Wendy painted my hand


and Paula painted my face :)


BTW, for those who aren't familiar with it, henna is a plant that is ground up and made into a paste which is applied in fine lines. When the paste is removed, the skin beneath has been dyed a reddish brown. The thicker the skin, the darker and longer-lasting the dye. That's why my hand is darker than my face, which will be dye free within a week.

No comments: