Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crazy Busy Day

So today was my first official day back at school. Of course, most of the teachers came back last week to start putting things back together, but now we're getting paid for it! *grin* We had the big welcome back thing in the auditorium, where every teacher in the entire district crams in. It was hot. I admit, I snuck out to drop Haley off at the babysitter's, and then came back and kinda drifted in and out around the back door. I did do the welcome for the new employees, but other than that...

Then there was a big meeting for all the math teachers, on how to use our new textbooks. Unfortunately, it was focused mainly on the technology, directed by a sales lady who wasn't that strong in technology. I had played around with the software some on Friday, so I'd pretty much picked up the stuff she spent 3 hours covering. *sigh* I still think we picked the wrong company, but oh well. Suck it up and move on already, right?

Then I picked up Haley and we changed clothes and played tennis with Cynthia and Julie. A friend of Cynthia's, Teira, joined us with her daughter, Sierra. So we had three girls with tennis rackets. Haley suddenly got a lot more motivated to play (all the sudden it was cool!) She did a pretty good job swiping at the ball :)

Then we went home and showered, and then drove out to Cindy M's house so she and I could work on math teacher stuff. Dang. Let me say that again: DANG. Her house is beautiful. It's about 10 miles inland, on the river. She helped design it, and WOW. We were very impressed. We had dinner and then worked on math stuff. Did you know that pizza hut makes chicken parmesan??? I sure didn't. It was good, too! Garlicy (sorry Mom) but I *like* garlic! Cindy made a salad with lots of avocado, which made a great pairing.

I brought a bottle of wine: 2006 Coppola Rosso. Cindy and I both liked it quite a lot. I'm not good at tasting notes, but I found some online. Winemaker notes: "Rosso 2006 has smooth, rich layers of sweet dark fruits, cloves, a touch of vanilla and mildly toasted oak. Its mild tannins make it incredibly food-friendly, so it's easy to pair with anything from braised short ribs to grilled salmon or a sausage and pepperoni pizza." Yum.

No comments: