Monday, August 25, 2008

Crash and Burn

Haley went to a slumber party last night. How did I spend my exciting night of freedom? Err, well... I went to work and fiddled around with my classroom till 11. Um, exciting. No hope for me, I'm afraid :)

I french braided Haley's hair before the party. I've only french braided a few times, and Haley's hair is *really* tangly, so this was a 20 minute, sobbing ordeal. But it looked pretty good afterwards. Moreover, when I picked her up today, after lying on it at least part of the night (although apparently not sleeping) and going to the river and swimming, it *still* looks pretty good!!! Yay me, and yay french braids!


Of course, Haley crashed on the way home. She had a headache, she was going to puke, etc. She got home and headed for the bathroom, to hang out by the toilet. No, she didn't puke. She fell asleep on the bathroom floor, and didn't wake up for more than an hour. Finally I went in and told her that she could either get up and have dinner, or she could get up and go to bed.

Too bad; tonight's dinner was potpie :)

No comments: