Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Fantastic Classroom

Haley was a trooper last night -- we were at my classroom till 7:30 last night. But I'm done getting ready for the first day -- we won't have to go back this weekend to finish up! I have all my photocopies done and organized. (We have these crazy packets to hand out -- about 8 pages that parents need to sign and return -- permission slips, picture forms, and more!)

I got a deck of cards and took out one of each rank. I taped one card down on each desk. The other three of that rank went into a deck -- when the kids come in, I'll hand them a warmup quiz and they'll draw a card, and they'll go sit at the table with the matching rank :) It's a good way to randomly divvy them up and seat them three to a table.

Anyhow, my classroom is looking pretty good! I even have, get this, POSTERS on my walls! I know, crazy, huh? I guess it is about on schedule though -- it generally takes me a few years to decorate *grin*

Here's a video I made of my classroom :)

No comments: