Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wait a minute, WHAT AM I DOING?!

I keep having moments where I think, "Wait a minute! You've got a comfortable life here! What are you doing, leaving this all behind?!" I keep telling myself, "Yes, I could have stayed in California. I would have been comfortable, but I don't think I would have done much growing. Time to go have an adventure!"

Moving towards my new life in Korea is no problem. It's taking steps to leave behind my old life that's hard. Signing a contract with my new school? No problem. But writing a resignation letter for my old school was pretty tough. Moving out of my lovely apartment was tough. I needed several kicks in the butt from my fantastic friends (thanks friends!) to get through that one. Yesterday I gave away my car to some friends who will babysit it for a couple of years. Ouch. Today I've got the last big goodbye -- saying goodbye to Mom :( Then the plane ride isn't going to be much fun -- we need to be to the airport by 10am and the plane is supposed to land at 9:45pm Korean time. Which is 5:45am in California!!! But once we get about 10 hours of sleep, the adventure can begin :)

No comments: