Sunday, June 22, 2008

Told me so...

Yeah, Mom was right. So much for being able to get a last minute spot in the hostel. That maybe works a lot better in November than in June. Rather than staying in the hostel in Sausalito, we kept going and stayed in a Motel 6 down in Morgan City. On the plus side, we only had to drive about 3 hours the next day. We almost kept going, but we woudn't have gotten to the grandparents' until 10 or 11, which is a bit late to show up. Oh well :)

It's also a bit warm. Dad & I were discussing what the weather was like down at the grandparents' and I believe I said, "No worries -- it tops out around 80, right?" Dad's response was, "Not exactly! 90 maybe... But who can tell with global warming?" Yeah, so according to my car, it's around 100. Bleuch. Naturally we're visiting during a record braking heat wave! And the only shorts I packed are the ones I sleep in. Luckily, we packed light enough to accommodate any traveling purchases :)

No comments: