Monday, July 7, 2008

A&W War

West - An Tir War was fun this year. I got to see a whole bunch of friends I hadn't seen in a long time!



I got to do lots of fun stuff this war!

Friday I took two weaving classes. One was a tablet weaving class. It turned out to be a beginning level class which I've done before but it was still fun. The other was a class in which we wove belt pouches. Not only do we get to keep the pouches, but we get to keep the looms and needles as well, so I can make more pouches in the future!

Friday night my buddy Abe ran by our encampment with a ball and hurley sticks, so I got to learn how to play hurley! That was pretty fun, though brief since most of us wanted to fight the next day :)

Saturday I fought all day, which was fun. I got a good kill in during the very first battle, but mostly spent the day getting gacked by pikes. My shield is great for tourneys, but leaves my legs too vulnerable during wars. I also dug out my gauntlets and borrowed a pike and then a glaive from Moon. I got piked even more, since I didn't have any shield at all, but it was fun to try something different. The showers on site were marvelous :)

Anyhow, this was a great event -- probably in my top ten events ever :)

No comments: