Friday, July 25, 2008

Victoria: Day 1

Today was our first day in Victoria. Parking here is a pain. The street is metered, so we can park on the street between 6pm and 9am, but then we have to move to a paid lot for the daytime. Haley had a bit of trouble waking up in time for me to move the car -- we didn't get to bed until 12:30, so 8:00 was pretty early. We did a lot of walking today.

Here's a photo of Haley in front of some cool flowers. I forget what they're called, but Mom has some in her yard. They tend to be the same color, normally, more reddish or blueish depending on the soil content (I think). I thought it was really interesting that there were two bushes with different colors right next to each other.



Victoria has lots of hanging baskets of flowers :) They're really pretty :) Here's a shot of the parliment building with some flowers in the foreground.



Our last adventure for the day was the ghost tour. It was cool :) We got to hear about all kinds of hauntings in downtown Victoria, and apparently they have so many ghosts to choose from that they do a different tour every night of the week!




I'm still wondering whose job it is to water the hanging flowers... I think I'll have to ask about it and maybe I'll let you know tomorrow :)

No comments: