Sunday, July 17, 2011

Genius

So we're about to have Mom & Grandma Ruby spend the night, which means Haley's bathroom (the main bathroom) needs to be cleaned. I let her know that she needs to clean it, and it was moans and groans and major epic tragedy... But then I had a Genius Idea! We're pretty green in our household; so we try to use non-toxic, environmentally products. We've switched to using 50/50 vinegar/water plus a few drops of Orange 100 (magical stuff!!!) as our main cleaning spray. It's non-toxic, so I don't have to worry about Haley, and the vinegar is a natural anti-bacterial grease cutter. I was about to hand her the almost empty can of Comet, when I realized: basically, Comet is a little powdered soap and a mild abrasive. I could substitute baking soda for Comet no problem! So I handed Haley a cup of baking soda... Now she's in there listening to music and scrubbing her bathroom -- and enjoying it... "How's that working for you?" "It's fizzy!!!" Yup -- Genius.

No comments: