Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Great Haircut

So we finally did it. Haley and I cut our hair. Not a little. No, no. These were massive, extreme haircuts. We both had hair past our waist.



We had a few reasons for our cuts. We knew we'd be traveling up to Portland and Seattle, where it's a lot warmer than Crescent City.

Also, if we were going to cut our hair, we wanted to cut off enough to donate to Locks for Love. (make that a weblink) That meant that we had to cut off a minimum of 10 inches, which would help to make a chin length wig. Obviously, the longer, the better.
Finally, we wanted to make sure that even with our radical new haircuts, we could still get the hair into a ponytail.

To donate hair, they want it to be in a ponytail or (even better) in a braid. So I pulled Haley's hair into a ponytail (so I knew how long her hair *had* to be, and then put another ponytail holder in to make a braid below that. Then I just cut off the braid. Finally I took out her ponytail and evened up her haircut a bit.



I got Andrea to do the same thing to me:



Here's the finished result:


No comments: